- College sweethearts who bonded over talks of alternative Christian music and love of travel.
- Married in June of 2009.
- Traveled the world and worked as missionaries together.
- Returned home and began to start a family.
- Experienced the heartbreak of miscarriage and the joy of learning we were expecting again.
- Daughter was born a month early and spent almost two weeks in the NICU.
- Learned to be a family of three, celebrating life’s joys and adventures.
- Learned we were expecting another daughter, who was born with spina bifida.
- She had spinal repair surgery after birth and is now thriving.
As I look back over the bullet points of our family’s story, I’m amazed at how we have been knit together through adventure, challenges, and love.
I’m learning on the daily how to parent a passionate toddler and a baby with a disability, be a loving and supportive wife, and to love like Jesus.
Our family has been mended in more ways than one, and despite the challenges we have faced, we choose to bloom and thrive.